Fire-Rated Washing Machine Outlet Box with Arrestor
HoldRite fire-rated washing machine outlet boxes with built-in water hammer arrestors combine the functionality of a fire-rated outlet box with the added benefit of preventing water hammer. Designed for residential laundry spaces, this outlet box ensures a smooth and quiet operation of the washing machine. In the event of a fire, these boxes act as a barrier, delaying the fire's progression and limiting its impact. This helps protect the surrounding areas, minimize property damage, and provide valuable time for occupants to evacuate safely. By using fire-rated outlet boxes, homeowners and building occupants can have added peace of mind knowing that an extra layer of protection is in place to mitigate the risks associated with fire hazards in laundry spaces.
- Compact design.
- Paintable trim cover that Snaps into place - no adhesives or fasteners needed (will fit 1 or 2 layers of 1/2 in. or 5/8 in. sheetrock).
Ships with debris cover and also includes optional hot/cold valve marking labels.
- Attaches to 170/170-26 brackets (only in top position), hyco bar or directly to studs.
- Valves can be installed in upright or inverted position.
- Drain knockout on both sides of box. Each drain knockout also includes (1) 3/4 in. CTS and (1) 3/4 in. IPS knockout for use with condensate or T&P relief piping (utilizing box drain).
- Optional funnel/diverter attachment for use when utilizing condensate/T&P to provide water wall effect to avoid splashing within the box.
|SKU||Outlet Size||Pipe Tailpiece||Connection Type||Fire-Rated||Water Hammer Arrestor|
|HR-WRA-P||3/4 in. MHT||PEX-A||Expansion (ASTM F1960), Crimp/Barb (ASTM F1807), Poly Crimp/Barb (ASTM F2159), PTC|
|HR-WRA-M||3/4 in. MHT||Copper||Sweat, Press, PTC|
|HR-WRA-C||3/4 in. MHT||CPVC||Glue, PTC|
- Washing machine installation
Approvals & Listings
- Box: IAPMO PS 54
- Valves: ASME A112.18.1/CSA B125.1, NSF/ANSI 14, NSF/ANSI/CAN 61, NSF/ANSI/CAN 372.
- ARRESTORS: ASSE 1010
- PEX-A: ASTM F876, ASTM F877, CSA B137.5.
- Copper Type L PIPE: ASTM B88.