Washing Machine Outlet Box with Arrestor
HoldRite washing machine outlet boxes with built-in water hammer arrestors combine the functionality of a standard outlet box with the added benefit of preventing water hammer. Designed for residential laundry spaces, this outlet box ensures a smooth and quiet operation of the washing machine. The integrated water hammer arrestor acts as a shock absorber, effectively reducing the pressure surges that can damage pipes and fittings, while minimizing noise and vibrations caused by water hammer. Installation is a breeze with convenient features like easy mounting options and compatibility with various water supply lines. The box includes hot and cold supply valves with quarter-turn handles and threaded hose connections. It can be used with different pipe types such as copper, PEX, or CPVC, offering flexibility for your plumbing setup.
- Compact design.
- Paintable trim cover that Snaps into place - no adhesives or fasteners needed (will fit 1 or 2 layers of 1/2 in. or 5/8 in. sheetrock).
- Ships with debris cover and also includes optional hot/cold valve marking labels.
- Attaches to 170/170-26 brackets (only in top position), hyco bar or directly to studs.
- Valves can be installed in upright or inverted position.
- Drain knockout on both sides of box. Each drain knockout also includes (1) 3/4 in. CTS and (1) 3/4 in. IPS knockout for use with condensate or T&P relief piping (utilizing box drain).
- Optional funnel/diverter attachment for use when utilizing condensate/T&P to provide water wall effect to avoid splashing within the box.
|SKU||Outlet Size||Pipe Tailpiece||Connection Type||Water Hammer Arrestor|
|HR-WA-P||3/4 in. MHT||PEX-A||Expansion (ASTM F1960), Crimp/Barb (ASTM F1807), Poly Crimp/Barb (ASTM F2159), PTC|
|HR-WA-M||3/4 in. MHT||Copper||Sweat, Press, PTC|
|HR-WA-C||3/4 in. MHT||CPVC||Glue, PTC|
- Washing machine installation
Approvals & Listings
- Box: IAPMO PS 54
- Valves: ASME A112.18.1/CSA B125.1, NSF/ANSI 14, NSF/ANSI/CAN 61, NSF/ANSI/CAN 372.
- PEX-A: ASTM F876, ASTM F877, CSA B137.5.
- Copper Type L PIPE: ASTM B88.
- CPVC pipe: ASTM D2486