SharkBite™, Cash Acme™, HoldRite™, John Guest® Products
What does this warranty cover?
Subject to conditions outlined in this statement, RWC (in the USA, Reliance Worldwide Corporation and in Canada, Reliance Worldwide Corporation (Canada) Inc.) warrants to owners of real property in the United States and Canada that RWC products, when used and installed in accordance with the requirements set forth, shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the applicable Warranty Period. This Limited Warranty is in effect for installations made after January 1, 2018 and is applicable to products installed in the country in which they were purchased. Proof of purchase is required to validate the Warranty Period. If proof of purchase is not available, the Warranty Period commencement shall default to the date of manufacture for each product. If the product suspected of a defect does not have a clear date of manufacture on it, a proof of purchase will be required.
What are the conditions of this warranty?
- All products must be installed in accordance with all then applicable building, mechanical, plumbing, electrical or other applicable code requirements, good plumbing practice, in accordance with any local, state, provincial or federal requirements, and installed in a potable water or radiant heating application unless a non-potable water service is specifically allowed for in the pertinent product literature.
- The installer must use construction techniques compliant with then applicable codes to install the product and use the product within the design parameters specified in any installation guidelines and technical notes for the applicable system. This shall include field pressure testing prior to concealing with concrete or by other means and wrapping any brass fitting when buried. Failure to install RWC products according to manufacturer’s installation instructions will void all applicable warranties and may result in severe water damage.
- Products must at all times be used in a manner consistent with their intended use and be used in installations and environments acceptable to their material and design specifications, including not being installed in a system that may operate at temperatures or at pressures that exceed the approved ratings which can be found on the product specification, packaging or installation instructions.
- Additional product specific conditions of this Limited Warranty and the Warranty Period are documented in the section entitled “HOW LONG DOES THE LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE LAST AND WHAT OTHER SPECIFIC CONDITIONS EXIST FOR EACH PRODUCT?”.
- Without limiting the foregoing, this Limited Warranty does not apply and you do not have a right of reimbursement if the product failure or resulting damage is caused by: (a) evidence of tampering, mishandling, neglect, abuse, accidental damage, freeze damage (it is expressly understood that failure as a result of any freezing fluids within the pipes does not constitute a defect in material or workmanship and shall not be covered by this warranty) or unauthorized modifications or repairs that cause damage to warranted products; (b) exposure to harmful, unauthorized, or unanticipated chemicals or substances or corrosive water conditions; (c) exposure to ultraviolet light; (d) improper installation including failure to follow proper burial instructions; (e) damage from abnormal operating conditions including exposure pressures and temperatures beyond the specified operating range; (f) failure to properly test and pass common testing methods (including pressure testing) after the installation and before the product or system is put in service; (g) components not manufactured or sold by RWC; or (h) acts of nature such as earthquakes, fire, flood or lightning.
- Although RWC provides a plumbing system to facilitate a complete installation, other manufacturers pipe and/or fittings may be installed in any given installation provided manufacturing of the pipe and/or fittings demonstrates compliance with the applicable ASTM/CSA standards, and the product has been certified by a recognized third-party testing agency. The RWC product in the given installation will continue to be covered under this Limited Warranty although limits on Warranty Period may apply. RWC will be responsible only for proven defects in material or workmanship in RWC products. Problems in products manufactured by another company should be reported to that manufacturer.
How do you get service?
In order to be eligible for service under this Limited Warranty you must return the defective product to RWC for inspection and testing within thirty (30) days after detection of alleged failure or defect occurring within applicable Warranty Period (with shipping charges prepaid) to the original place of purchase. If the alleged defect involves a connection or joint with a RWC product, the fitting must be returned with a section of the pipe still inserted. You must include the model number of the product (if available), the original date of purchase, proof of purchase and the nature of the alleged product failure or defect. Products returned without shipping charges prepaid will be refused. For questions or inquiries, in the U.S. call 1(877)700-4242 and in Canada 1(888)820-0120.
What will RWC do?
If, after inspection, we find that a product covered by this Limited Warranty has failed due to a defect in material or workmanship during the specified Warranty Period, we will repair or replace, at our sole option, free of charge, the defective product during normal working hours and through a place of business as determined by RWC.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Limited Warranty, if RWC determines that any damages to the real property in which a defective product was installed were the direct result of a leak or failure caused by a defect in material or workmanship in any RWC product covered by this Limited Warranty and occurring within the first ten years after date of purchase or project completion date, whichever is later, and if reasonable steps were taken to promptly limit or stop the effects of such leak or failure as soon as it was discovered, when the RWC product was installed by a licensed professional plumbing contractor, RWC will reimburse the property owner for the reasonable costs of repairing or replacing such damaged real property including flooring, drywall, painting and other real property damaged by the leak. Except as specified above or otherwise specifically authorized in writing by RWC, RWC shall not pay for any costs or expenses for transportation, relocation, labor, repairs or any other work associated with removing and/or returning failed or defective products or installing replacement products.
The project completion date is defined as the date when the building or facility wherein applicable RWC products are installed receives the final certificate of occupancy from the controlling government agency. The term for the products listed in the table below will be in effect for the number of years shown in the Limited Warranty Period column.
This shall constitute the sole and exclusive remedy for any defective product.
What does this limited warranty not cover?
RWC shall not be responsible for any other incidental, indirect, contingent, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, economic loss, lost profits or the cost of repairing or replacing other property which is damaged if these warranted products do not work properly, other costs resulting from labor charges, delays, vandalism, negligence, fouling caused by foreign material, damage from adverse water conditions, adverse chemical environments, or any other circumstances over which RWC has no control. This limitation applies even if RWC could have foreseen or has been advised of the possibility of these damages. This Limited Warranty shall be invalidated by any abuse, misuse, misapplication or improper installation of the product. Any remaining warranty coverage may not be assigned or transferred after the period ending ten years following the installation. RWC does not guarantee or in any way warrant the integrity or workmanship of the contractor/installer.
Some States/Provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and some States/Provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages.
Therefore, the above limitations may not apply to you. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from State/Province to State/ Province. You should consult applicable State/Provincial laws to determine your rights.
SO FAR AS IS CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE STATE/ PROVINCIAL/ FEDERAL LAW, THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN IS THE ONLY WARRANTY GIVEN BY RWC WITH RESPECT TO THE SHARKBITE® AND CASH ACME® PRODUCTS AND RWC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This Limited Warranty and any claims arising from breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, or any other claim arising from sale or use of RWC’s products shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of Georgia. No action on the part of RWC under this Limited Warranty shall be construed as an admission of liability of that the product is not fit for its intended use.